Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2024, 9:40pm   #101
Big bob
A Real Barner
Activity: 85.2%

Thanked 1,817 Times in 1,094 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Kind of like a ride on cell phone.
Big bob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Big bob For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2024, 9:44pm   #102
markids77
A Real Barner
Activity: 14.8%

Thanked 3,897 Times in 2,245 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1000483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big bob View Post
Kind of like a ride on cell phone.
Yeah... don't fart, belch, pick your nose or scratch your balls... Musk et al will point and laugh at your expense.
markids77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 9:47pm   #103
Big bob
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by markids77 View Post
Yeah... don't fart, belch, pick your nose or scratch your balls... Musk et al will point and laugh at your expense.
Coming options?
Old 05-17-2024, 6:04am   #104
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATB View Post
They go through it and allow plenty of time to read and review.
You know because you sign it either hard copies that are sent to you or electronic signatures documents that you can read before signing.

I promise you that I have closed more properties personally than you ever will in your lifetime. Add the hundreds of closings for clients that I have been involved with over the past 30+ years.

And I have NEVER had a client not read what they are signing. And I can assure you that I would NEVER sign a legal document without reading it and understanding it.

Not sure what you mean by “usually trust the title agent”.
What I mean with trusting the agent is that they didn't give me something to sign that is different than what I got in the mai. The only thing I really care in a closing is the financials or the HUD. I always check that the numbers on it are accurate... like commission and other closing cost. That's the only document that I take a closer look at.
GrandSportC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 6:06am   #105
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
So which is it? Does it slow down, or doesn't it?

That's not phantom braking. That is justified braking. Phantom braking is when the car brakes for an apparent reason. A construction zone or an emergency vehicle on the side of the road is a VALID reason to slow down. Obviously, I'm not talking about cones on the SIDE of the road but in one of the travel lanes, something that happens when there is construction.
Old 05-17-2024, 6:11am   #106
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw38 View Post
I'm guessing that you have brown eyes because you're full of shit.

https://www.theverge.com/2024/4/26/2...rt-crash-death

"Tesla’s Autopilot and Full Self-Driving linked to hundreds of crashes, dozens of deaths / NHTSA found that Tesla’s driver-assist features are insufficient at keeping drivers engaged in the task of driving, which can often have fatal results."

"In March 2023, a North Carolina student was stepping off a school bus when he was struck by a Tesla Model Y traveling at “highway speeds,” according to a federal investigation that published today. The Tesla driver was using Autopilot, the automaker’s advanced driver-assist feature that Elon Musk insists will eventually lead to fully autonomous cars.

The 17-year-old student who was struck was transported to a hospital by helicopter with life-threatening injuries. But what the investigation found after examining hundreds of similar crashes was a pattern of driver inattention, combined with the shortcomings of Tesla’s technology, resulting in hundreds of injuries and dozens of deaths.

"Of those crashes, some of which involved other vehicles striking the Tesla vehicle, 29 people died. There were also 211 crashes in which “the frontal plane of the Tesla struck a vehicle or obstacle in its path.” These crashes, which were often the most severe, resulted in 14 deaths and 49 injuries.

The final 11 seconds of a fatal Tesla Autopilot crash
https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...rash-analysis/

Tesla worker killed in fiery crash may be first ‘Full Self-Driving’ fatality
https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...g-fatal-crash/

Don't try to tell me or anyone else that noone has died as a result of this. Keep your "self-driving" POS away from me and my family!
Those are beta systems with drivers required to pay attention. Yes, accidents can happen if the driver doesn't pay attention.
Many autopilot accidents happen because of ignorant drivers. They think that autopilot will stop at a stop sign or red light. It doesn't. Even the menu on the car tells you what it does. Autopiliot consists of autosteer (keep the lane) and adaptive cruise control (keep the distance to any vehicles in front of you). It was never designed to do anything else than that. People do stupid and illegal stuff all the time... like weights on their steering wheel to fool FSD or autopilot etc.
Old 05-17-2024, 6:14am   #107
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by markids77 View Post
You willingly paid how much??? for an appliance which apparently not only records your every move while in it, but also sends the live stream back to "the mother ship"?
Have you lost your everloving mind?
Virtually every new car on the road has connectivity and is connected to the mothership. It's not just your car that is tracking you. If you have a smartphone, it knows all the places you have been and how long you stayed. Your smart home devices can all listen in on everything you do. It's not just cars. Your cell phone is even listening to you when it is turned off (depending on brand). This was revealed by one of the engineers designing one of those phones.. Some phones can still track you if the battery is out.. No kidding..
Old 05-17-2024, 6:21am   #108
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,887 Posts

Yadkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 8:26am   #109
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 65.8%

Thanked 7,871 Times in 3,514 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 View Post
That's not phantom braking. That is justified braking. Phantom braking is when the car brakes for an apparent reason. A construction zone or an emergency vehicle on the side of the road is a VALID reason to slow down. Obviously, I'm not talking about cones on the SIDE of the road but in one of the travel lanes, something that happens when there is construction.
I never used the phrase "phantom braking". You did. You are the one that started talking about phantom braking ...and then you argued against it. Holy shit. Are you even remotely capable of an honest discussion or is this strawman deflection bullshit all that you know?

There are many construction zones with barriers and cones that maintain the normal posted speed limit. You're telling me that this thing will slow down to some arbitrary speed, even in the absence of signs, regardless of there being an actual speed limit change or not.

Thank you for confirming exactly what I originally said before you tried to deflect from it with your "phantom braking" bullshit.

Quote:
Yea, can't wait to dodge the Tesla that randomly slams on the brakes because there is a f**king cone on the side of the road, or slows down to whatever the hell speed it chooses because there is a barrier even though there is no posted speed reduction.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 8:41am   #110
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 67.1%

Thanked 34,023 Times in 11,970 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:
Virtually every new car on the road has connectivity and is connected to the mothership. It's not just your car that is tracking you. If you have a smartphone, it knows all the places you have been and how long you stayed. Your smart home devices can all listen in on everything you do. It's not just cars. Your cell phone is even listening to you when it is turned off (depending on brand). This was revealed by one of the engineers designing one of those phones.. Some phones can still track you if the battery is out.. No kidding..
Having connectivity and having a camera actively watching you are two VERY different things. Being able to track where you've been and having a camera actively watching you are two VERY different things.

We don't have connectivity activated in either of our cars, and we have no "smart" home devices.
Steve_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 8:44am   #111
Big bob
A Real Barner

So you don't have a cell phone.
Old 05-17-2024, 8:46am   #112
jw38
A Real Barner
Activity: 38.1%

Thanked 2,089 Times in 799 Posts

Quote:
Those are beta systems with drivers required to pay attention. Yes, accidents can happen if the driver doesn't pay attention.
Many autopilot accidents happen because of ignorant drivers. They think that autopilot will stop at a stop sign or red light. It doesn't. Even the menu on the car tells you what it does. Autopiliot consists of autosteer (keep the lane) and adaptive cruise control (keep the distance to any vehicles in front of you). It was never designed to do anything else than that. People do stupid and illegal stuff all the time... like weights on their steering wheel to fool FSD or autopilot etc.
SO IS YOURS! Many autopilot and self-driving accidents happen because cars should not be driven by software.

I noticed that you didn't have any reply about the innocent people who have been killed by Teslas being driven by software, even though you said it's never happened. You probably think that it's OK if a few people lose there lives for the "greater good".
jw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 8:50am   #113
sublime1996525
A Real Barner
Activity: 14.4%

Thanked 6,696 Times in 3,003 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1008643

Quote:
When buying a new car at a traditional dealership, you have to sign many documents and nobody reads through all of them JUST LIKE A REAL ESTATE CLOSING. The FSD disclaimer is 2 sentences. Huge difference.
I read through it all. I’d assume most smart buyers do too.
sublime1996525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 9:44am   #114
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
I never used the phrase "phantom braking". You did. You are the one that started talking about phantom braking ...and then you argued against it. Holy shit. Are you even remotely capable of an honest discussion or is this strawman deflection bullshit all that you know?

There are many construction zones with barriers and cones that maintain the normal posted speed limit. You're telling me that this thing will slow down to some arbitrary speed, even in the absence of signs, regardless of there being an actual speed limit change or not.

Thank you for confirming exactly what I originally said before you tried to deflect from it with your "phantom braking" bullshit.
I get it, so, if the lane on a multi lane road you are travelling is blocked by barriers/cones, you won't slow down to make a safe lane change to the lane that is available.. you keep going the same speed even if the other lane is full of cars and eventually either crash into the barrier or the cars in the other lane because you didn't slow down to make a safe lane change. If FSD slows down really depends on the situation. If you are in the lane that is not blocked, FSD will not slow down if the other lane is blocked but if you are travelling in the blocked lane, it will certainly slow down if necessary to get out of the blocked lane DUH!!
Old 05-17-2024, 9:45am   #115
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
Having connectivity and having a camera actively watching you are two VERY different things. Being able to track where you've been and having a camera actively watching you are two VERY different things.

We don't have connectivity activated in either of our cars, and we have no "smart" home devices.
So, your smartphone camera is not watching you?? Are you sure?
Old 05-17-2024, 9:49am   #116
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw38 View Post
SO IS YOURS! Many autopilot and self-driving accidents happen because cars should not be driven by software.

I noticed that you didn't have any reply about the innocent people who have been killed by Teslas being driven by software, even though you said it's never happened. You probably think that it's OK if a few people lose there lives for the "greater good".
Self driving is the future. The more data the system gathers, the better it will operate. You can't gather data by not using it in real world conditions. Having people gather data is the way to go. More data = better product.
I have been using FSD before when I had a loaner Model Y with FSD and it was nowhere close to the reliability that it is right now. NO, FSD is NOT ready to be fully autonomous but it is getting better at a very very good rate.. Last time I tried FSD was a year or so ago.. Since then, it has improved a lot. Drove 25 miles to the office today and it performed absolutely flawless with no close calls. Also 70 miles yesterday to a Restaurant in Celebration/FL and back. ZERO issues.. NO, It's not perfect yet but it is getting progressively better.
Old 05-17-2024, 9:52am   #117
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime1996525 View Post
I read through it all. I’d assume most smart buyers do too.
Closings would take very very long if you would actually read all the text on all the documents. As I said, I do review the documents sent to my house prior to the closing. I do read them at home but not the set of documents presented at the closing. I trust them that the documents are the same. All that I go through with close attention is the HUD document with all the numbers. That's the one I go through. All the other ones, I just sign as there are many many pages of legal information on title documents etc. Most of it is boilerplate stuff.
Old 05-17-2024, 9:57am   #118
Vandelay Industries
Barn Stall Owner #14/32
Activity: 92.3%

Thanked 13,552 Times in 5,183 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4810

Quote:
Closings would take very very long if you would actually read all the text on all the documents. As I said, I do review the documents sent to my house prior to the closing. I do read them at home but not the set of documents presented at the closing. I trust them that the documents are the same. All that I go through with close attention is the HUD document with all the numbers. That's the one I go through. All the other ones, I just sign as there are many many pages of legal information on title documents etc. Most of it is boilerplate stuff.
Famous last words.
Vandelay Industries is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 9:59am   #119
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 65.8%

Thanked 7,871 Times in 3,514 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
I get it, so, if the lane on a multi lane road you are travelling is blocked by barriers/cones, you won't slow down to make a safe lane change to the lane that is available.. you keep going the same speed even if the other lane is full of cars and eventually either crash into the barrier or the cars in the other lane because you didn't slow down to make a safe lane change. If FSD slows down really depends on the situation. If you are in the lane that is not blocked, FSD will not slow down if the other lane is blocked but if you are travelling in the blocked lane, it will certainly slow down if necessary to get out of the blocked lane DUH!!
What in the hell are you even talking about? Is it even possible for you to stop making shit up? Nobody ever said that and you know it.

You said, and I quote:

Quote:
As I said, the system recognizes cones, barriers etc. and will slow down for them even if there is no speed limit sign.
You didn't say "might". You didn't say "depends on the situation". You said WILL SLOW DOWN. Now you've twisted that to "make a safe lane change".

Your words. Not mine.

As usual, you're arguing against yourself. That tends to happen when you just make up stupid shit as you go.

And "Duh"? Really? Who, over the age of about 10 years old, says "Duh"? Sadly, that may actually be a step up from the rest of your arguments.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 10:09am   #120
LATB
A Real Barner

Thanked 24,502 Times in 11,119 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
Self driving is the future.
Not my future.
LATB is online now   Reply With Quote