Old 05-07-2024, 6:54am   #39
Don Rickles
Mr. Warmth
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 4,638 Times in 2,183 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2001216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin68 View Post
Those are all good thoughts for a normal person, but only delay the inevitable. Without some in-person prodding, she will no show. I think getting her into an environment where she can transition from independent, assisted, memory care will be easier for her. I think she is well enough to adapt to living and laughing like a normal person. Whether she can let herself not GAF for the remainder of her life is a whole other question.

Thanks, I heard this from others' experience. She can afford to do whatever she wants and has more money than she ever has. I don't think I can effectively manage/trust home care from 4 hours away. She manages to feed herself and keep the house spotless (minus the papers strewn everywhere).

Plus, I'm not sure what a home caregiver would do. Her white carpet is spotless and perfectly vacuumed with absolutely NO wheel marks between tracks. She could have been the person who mows the grass at a MLB stadium. Until very recently this woman would slide the refrigerator out monthly and vacuum and dust behind it. It upsets her that I refuse to do it when I visit. She regularly dusts the tops of the door and window casings. She has 60 year old aluminum pans that are well used but look brand new. Two sets of 16 Lennox china and Waterford crystal, all in perfect condition. Seriously OCD and impossible to please. I've come to realize my dad was a saint.
My wifes copper pots and the good silver all need polishing. You wanna lend her to me?
Don Rickles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Don Rickles For This Useful Post: