The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   You know you've been a regular customer too long when.... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137487)

DJ_Critterus 04-25-2024 2:43pm

You know you've been a regular customer too long when....

:funniest:

vettemed 04-25-2024 3:42pm

I laff'd.

WydGlydJim 04-25-2024 7:28pm

I saw it coming, and it was still funny.........
:Jeff '79:

DDSLT5 04-25-2024 8:35pm

NORM!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankie the Fink 04-26-2024 7:56am

Never got the whole "Cheers" things or "Friends" either, it all seems contrived and fake then and still does now....

DJ_Critterus 04-26-2024 8:02am

My favorite local watering hole that I frequent is called "CHEERS." Decent place, no smoking allowed inside, and the food is better than any of the chain restaurants.

VITE1 04-26-2024 8:17am

When I lived in NY I'd take a flight from ISP to CHI several times a month. I took my wife on a flight and the FA asked her what she'd like to drink before takeoff. When she gave her order the FA started to walk away and my wife said "What about him"? pointing to me. The FA said "Oh Paul always gets a spicy bloody Mary " and walked away.

The funny part is this happened to me in several bars and regular routes around the world.

DJ_Critterus 04-26-2024 9:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 2251502)
When I lived in NY I'd take a flight from ISP to CHI several times a month. I took my wife on a flight and the FA asked her what she'd like to drink before takeoff. When she gave her order the FA started to walk away and my wife said "What about him"? pointing to me. The FA said "Oh Paul always gets a spicy bloody Mary " and walked away.

The funny part is this happened to me in several bars and regular routes around the world.

That's funny. It's the same way with a lot of us who have been regulars at this same bar for years. I go maybe twice per week, but the staff always knows my order. Same with all of the other regulars and they know to ask some who like changing up their drinks from time to time.

slewfoot 04-26-2024 9:56am

We go to Wendys 4 times a week for the Frosty. Tue, Thur, Sat & Sun. It's a routine. One time I walked in and they were already on the counter. Clerk saw me driving up outside.

Yesfam 04-26-2024 9:57am

My wife and I frequent a small, local diner for Sunday morning breakfast. Our drinks are on the table by the time we get seated. Our waitress, Charlene, knows our regular orders by heart.

Frankie the Fink 04-26-2024 10:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 2251540)
That's funny. It's the same way with a lot of us who have been regulars at this same bar for years. I go maybe twice per week, but the staff always knows my order. Same with all of the other regulars and they know to ask some who like changing up their drinks from time to time.

Yup, when I was flying between Wash DC and Orlando every week for 5 years; the waiter at Legal Seafood in Reagan airport would have my regular order started when he saw me walking towards the place....got to be a sorta joke over the years.

I did get in trouble when my wife visited me at my job up there and the sexy waitress in the Chinese restaurant I frequented saw us entering and said, "Oh, herro, me not see you rong time!" Wife was not thrilled and true story.

6spdC6 04-26-2024 10:16am

I go to a good family dinner up here in the boonies. For breakfast I always get a special omelet. As different waitress were charging different prices the owner put me on the "list" A piece of paper that list the prices and the make up of that order. There are about ten peoples order/price on this list and if someone wants my type omelet it is known as a Dave. (3 egg Western with Swiss cheese, heavy on mushrooms,with English muffin and small home fries, large black coffee.) Its quite good and very filling, I normally do not eat lunch the days I get breakfast there!

The owner and most cooks know it by heart and if its morning they start making it as soon as I come inside.-:D

slewfoot 04-26-2024 10:29am

My wife was a Speech Pathologist her entire career. She was at this one school for 15 years. She was the only Diet Coke drinker. Every new school year at the initial meetings The Principal would half-jokingly tell/remind everyone not to steal her Diet Coke from the community fridge. He left it at that, everyone knew.

The joke was on the new teachers that were left with no explanation and were somewhat uneasy for a few months around my wife.